Sunday, January 2, 2011

4 reasons why I'm starting to dislike Chisato Okai

Just as the title states, here are my 4 reasons:
1. Because everyone says she's underrated, overlooked, unappreciated, and all that nonsense, when it's the exact opposite: Being underused is not the same as being underrated. Chisato may be underused in C-ute's singles, but she is not underrated, Tsunku knows about her vocals, and he praises her whenever he gets the chance to, the whole fan community also knows about it.
The only members I think are underrated, or better said, overlooked vocally, are Maimi Yajima and Momoko Tsugunaga, and I feel they are overlooked because you don't see many fans bragging about how great their vocals are (Yes, I know ForeverLove!~ likes to brag a lot about how good a singer Momoko is, but she is the only one I see bragging like that, no other Momo fan brags about Momoko's singing like she does [which is why I think she's the best Momoko fan out there]), Maimi and Momoko have great singing skills (particularly Momoko), but are often overlooked, because people don't like their voices/vocal tones (the opposite with miss Chisato, everyone seems to love her voice, even though her singing abilities are not that great [i.e. Chisato never sounds better than the recording when she sings live, and if she's dancing while she's singing, her voice sounds off, something not often seen with Maimi and Momoko]).

2. Because her fans are so freaking annoying: Chisato fans feel the need to state over and over again that, Chisato is a better singer than Airi Suzuki, and some even say she needs to lead instead of her.
I'm no Airi fan, but I definitely think Airi is the better singer out of the 2, Chisato has good tone, and a nice vibrato, but that's just it, she doesn't have great control, she ain't versatile, and she can't hit high notes either (she sometimes comes close to yelling whenever she tries), Airi on the other hand is versatile, she has amazing control over her voice, and she can hit high and low notes. 

3. The over-promotion: I didn't mind Chisato getting her own USTREAM show, I didn't mind her doing dance covers (even though Nakki is the one who really should be doing it), I didn't mind her getting an Itunes single, and nor did I mind her getting a PB/DVD, but having her lead C-ute's new single is a turn off to me... Does UFA think that doing all of that increased her popularity THAT much? Does she really deserve to be the lead singer of a C-ute single because she has a lot of views on Youtube? Being popular on Youtube and being popular with wota's (which miss Airi is) are too different things (wota's harbor money, Youtube doesn't harbor shit... Chisato's sale figures won't change much just because she's popular on Youtube).

4. Her new feminine look: This cries out desperation to me, does she want to be popular that badly?
Around the time when she changed her image, and grew her hair out to the length it is now, is around the time when all this promotion started coming, so is all this feminine BS with Chisato just to get the wota's to pay more attention to her? And I personally don't think long hair really suits her, it makes her look older, and when I say older, I mean, in a bad way.


I used bad language a few times in my post, and I apologize for that. :P

5 comments:

  1. 1st time here

    1) I only agree with "Forever love is the best Momoko´s fan" LOL...she is underrated by other groups fans.....some people notice now about her voice and about 90% of them were only-Momusu or only-Berryz´s fans....

    2)Well some Airi´s fans say that Airi is better than Chissa and i don´t think they are annoying lol...about skills Airi is better but also she has been singing a lot these 4 years......why can´t UFA give Chissa that chance for improve too?

    3)Does Airi deserves be lead singer in ºC-ute singles? If your answer is Yes, Chissa deserves too lol same singing level (even if i prefer Chissa´s voice, Airi is 2nd in my ranking)

    4) This is about tastes, personally i like both Chissa´s (long, short.....np for me, i love her perfect voice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get why people are being so negative towards Chisato...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh lol, I'm happy that Chisa got promotions which she deserved it ^_^
    but I hope they won't Over-promote her cause haters will appear ._.
    and if Nakky starts to get promo, I hope she won't get a lot lol ^^;
    I mean little by little will be great XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. It hurts to admit, but I agree with you
    especially point 3 and 2

    ReplyDelete